Welcome to the PreVAiL Research Network
March 2016 (check out our news updates HERE)
PreVAiL, which stands for Preventing Violence Across the Lifespan, is an international research collaboration of over 60 researchers and partners from Canada, the US, the UK, Asia, Europe and Australia, funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research's Institute for Gender and Health (2009-2017). Our goal is to bring together researchers and decision-maker partners to produce and share knowledge that will help children, women and men exposed to child maltreatment and intimate partner violence (IPV).
PreVAiL has three main objectives:
- to increase knowledge about the links between mental health impairment, gender and exposure to child maltreatment and IPV, both in Canada and internationally;
- to develop interventions to prevent or reduce child maltreatment, IPV and related mental health problems; and
- to develop and use proven methods of knowledge translation and exchange to ensure that our research findings reach those who make decisions in these areas.
- Theme 1 - Gender, Mental Health and Violence Network
- Theme 2 - Understanding and Fostering Resilient Mental Health Outcomes in the Context of Violence across the Lifespan
- Theme 3 - Innovations in Knowledge Translation & Exchange Strategies and Research Methods Specific to Mental Health, Gender and Violence across the Lifespan
Please see our summary for more information.